Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prayer really does wonders.

I've read about prayer.  My freshman year I took psych 100 and they said there was a study scientists did on prayer, and people who were prayed for (especially the people who didn't even know they were getting prayed for) got better from illness or injury faster than those who were not.  Interesting, no?

When I was waiting to get on a flight, all I did was post about how I needed prayer, and I prayed myself.  Somehow, someway, God put me on a flight to JFK.  Not only did He get me back to the states, but I was kept safe by going to New York instead of Massachusetts because of the snowstorm here.  While waiting to get my name called on the standby list, the first thing that popped into my head was, "If I get on this flight, I'm getting baptized."  I've been putting it off for a while because I've never really thought it was that important.  Maybe since it was my first thought, God thinks it's important.  I got on the flight, so now I have to follow through.  Wait until Pastor Robert hears about that haha.

I stayed at my aunt and uncle's place in Long Island for a day, and I got to have the little kiddies to myself.  I wouldn't have gotten that chance if I had only seen them at Christmas.  I love those kids so much, and your heart melts when a two-year-old looks at you and says, "I love you."

Tonight I was stuck at South Station waiting for a train, and started playing guitar because I was bored and annoyed with all this travel.  This man sat down and listened, and a lot of passerbys stood and watched.  It put me in a good mood, and I was glad to give some cheer to other travelers.  Then, I had a visitor at the station that knew I was having a rough time getting home.  He knew I was there and stopped in to say hello, then bought me a beer and made my night.  Not only are my friends currently texting me to come back as soon as I can while I'm on my last and final form of transit back to Millbury, but he wanted to see me enough to keep me company in a train station.  This Christmas I'm just glad to have friends that I can depend on and make me feel like coming home isn't so bad leaving Europe.

love and blessings guys, and pray for my friend Drance who's still waiting in London Gatwick airport to get home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment