Sunday, January 22, 2012

23 on the 23rd

I've had a feeling for a while that 23 would be a great year.  I remember when I was 19 years old, thinking about what it might be to turn 23.  A few of my friends were 23 at the time, and it just seemed like a lucky year for some.  I've even been told, "Yeah, 23 was a good year for me," as though a lot happened or nothing particularly bad took place.

To be more specific, I think that I've been doing 6 months or so of auditioning and it could be a great year to start getting some theater roles in the Boston area.  Of course the luck of the draw is what you get, but even auditions are an art form in themselves, a form that I have slowly but surely started to perfect.  I could tell you step by step what happens from when you walk in the door to when you leave a place, and how to tell if it went well.  Still doesn't mean anything is guaranteed, but my intuition is telling me that I could do with a few paid gigs, heck maybe an audition or two for some union credits could be possible this year.

This will be a great year for self discovery as I'm halfway through my first "school year" without being in school.  I don't miss it, although I do sometimes miss the feeling of accomplishment when a class was done and I advanced to another level.  The longer that I'm out of school, the better I feel about taking advantage of gunning for a career in my chosen field. 

I just bought a new laptop, have been writing more, and hope to revamp my Youtube with some fresh ideas.  It's exciting to know that I have support from many people watching my videos, telling their friends about them, and having many new friends that even want to participate in the videos with me.  Whether it be funny skits or great new songs, I hope to continue to gain support.

Maybe this year I'll get a new fantastic tattoo.  I've been saying for a year and a half that I wanted to get a new one, I just have to be tactful in my choosing a location so as not to deter the roles I could still be hired for.
Maybe this year I'll get a new keyboard with weighted keys like I've always wanted, and start learning to play some better tunes.
Maybe this year I'll get a harmonica with a headpiece.
Maybe this year I'll learn to dance.
Maybe this year I'll stay lucky in love.
Maybe this year I'll get a car.
Maybe this year I'll travel somewhere like Spain or Scotland.
Maybe this year I'll finish writing my book.
Maybe this year I won't have any regrets.
Maybe this year I won't swear so much or I'll quit another bad habit.
Maybe this year I won't have to always say maybe about everything.

23 on the 23rd; it's going to be a lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment