Saturday, March 26, 2011

I feel like I accomplished nothing today.

Sometimes I have those days where I have about twenty tabs on Firefox, a ton of things to think about and complete, and at the end of the day I still feel like I sat on the computer and accomplished absolutely nothing.  UGHHHH I have no idea where my life is going come June.  I'm waiting to hear back from like twenty things, and my mind is a mess.  I can't even concentrate long enough to complete one task!  maybe I did more than I think, who knows...


Last week, I'm sitting at this restaurant, it's one of those woody-feeling dark and expensive rustic settings, and I order the fish because of course there's nothing really for vegetarians at these little places.  I ask the waitress, "What's 'plaice'?" being the food connoisseur that I of course am NOT.  She says it's a very thin white fish, and I would enjoy it.  30 minutes later, after a wonderful goat cheese and macadamia nut salad with mescalin greens,  she walks over with a plate.  "Oh God!" I think, "Please don't let that be mine!" and in front of me is placed, the plaice.  I am staring at him.  He is staring at me.  His fins are glistening in the candlelight, and his little black lifeless eyeball looking right into my blue horrified eyeball.  I look up about to cry and say, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize that he would be... with his head..." of course the waitress hates me after this.  I sent it back.  GROSS!!!  She was being such a cunt about it too, obviously if I ask what something is that means I have no idea that it's going to come in its entirety and non-filleted! 

But aside from that fiasco, I had a great time with my friends.  I tried to spend some quality time with each of my closest friends, as rushed as it was.  Woody's was still as social as ever, and the Venue was still as loud.  KBar is still tiny as hell and Origins... well we won't get into how much I want to punch you in the face, now will we?  One of the few reasons why I'm glad that I'm back at UMass.  I think having a visit got me closer to the friends that I really missed, because we really meant the time we had together instead of it being a daily routine and not having to think about anyone leaving like before.  I never thought I would spend a St. Patrick's at Kent, and I'm more than happy that I did, even if green beer and Irish boys drive me insane.  A sleepover with my girlfriends makes up for any negativity over the week, because your girlfriends are the most important people in your lives.

While it would've been great if I had stayed, it's also for the best that I came back this term.  Currently I'm able to build better relationships with my UMass friends before we all pack up and move on.  So strange to think about.  But where my life is going over the summer is for another post.  I have too many things to think about/choose from.

BASEBALL STARTS ON FRIDAY!!  I'm watching Spring Training and I love itttttt.  Every time I hear the announcers' voices it makes me feel like it's summer, nighttime, I'm relaxing, and my life is in complete control.  I'm in love with baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment