Tuesday, February 22, 2011

be yourself... be yourself... what does that mean?!?!

I love cooking.  I love cooking so much that I use food as a means to bond with people.  Friends, family, significant others, I mean pretty much everybody.  But of course I just met somebody who's diet consists of potato chips, bananas, apple sauce, cereal, buttered toast, and a heck of a lot of multi-vitamins... and I guess they like crepes?  This is strange to me.  I don't really know how someone simply doesn't like food.  Not only that, but they've never tried any foods that aren't simple carbs!  That's like saying, "I don't like music, I've put in ear plugs every time I get near it and I'm certain I wouldn't have a pleasant experience attempting to listen to any of it." 

They've never had a hot dog.  I'm a vegetarian, and even I love hot dogs!  I mean, I eat fake ones now, but how are you American if you don't love hot dogs?!  And spaghetti.  Not too sure if I would know happiness if I had never tried spaghetti.  Once, my mom got me all hyped up that she was going to make spaghetti for supper, and then I fell asleep at 3.30 in the afternoon (I think I was 6 or 7) so I missed dinner.  When I woke up, she said there weren't any leftovers.  I cried for two days.  It makes me sad just thinking about that day.  THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE SPAGHETTI.  It devastates me that someone has never experienced the wonderfulness that is this food. 

One other part of this problem is, well, me.  My cooking makes up for a lot of things.  I'm tactless, vulgar, I complain a lot, I was born to worry about everything, I point out inappropriate things, I fall all the time, things fall on me all the time, I drop shit, (ok baby giraffe descriptions covered) -- I'm basically an awkward turtle, and I feel like cooking makes up for a lot of those things.  If I'm really good at something, then maybe people won't notice all the weird little quirks I have.  So then if I can't offer cooking, then the only thing I have to offer is me.  Just me.  That's too weird to consider.  I'm fairly concernicus about this.  Like, I'm totally fine if someone likes me for my singing, or my potato chip chocolate chip cookies instead of just me.

Does everyone have some part of them that's such a part of their life that they'd feel naked without being able to share it with someone else?  I hope I'm not alone in this.  Chicken parmesan can really score some brownie points.

I'm hungry.

I'm starting to write this new song and it's similar to "Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns, in that it has lyrics from God's point of view... I hope it's good, but so far it's just mumbled words.

My room needs cleaning.  The clutter keeps me from focusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment